Coffee and peanut butter come together to make this deliciously creamy treat! Mocha peanut butter cheesecake bars are an easy no bake dessert with a peanut butter graham cracker crust that's filled with a coffee cream, and swirled with peanut butter. Major warning - you won't be able to stop eating these.
These Mocha Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars are quite exceptional. There's a peanut butter graham cracker crust that's crumbly and buttery. Then there's the coffee cream cheese layer that's just absolutely delicious. To top it off? There's a peanut butter swirl that really elevates the flavor and gives this cheesecake some true character.
Have you ever made something and while cooking it, you couldn't stop going in for a taste? Well that was me from start to finish.
no baking required
There are several things that I love about these Mocha Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars, however, the fact that no baking is required is a huge bonus. You literally put everything together in an 8x8 baking pan and let it set in the fridge.
So, not only is this an easy recipe - it's practically foolproof! Not to mention, that peanut butter swirl always adds that "wow" factor even though all you need to achieve that look is a toothpick and a spoon. I love it. lol
what do i need to make mocha peanut butter cheesecake bars?
Let's break down the ingredients by each layer.
Starting with the crust, you'll need:
- Graham crackers - makes for a nice and crumbly crust.
- Butter - the butter acts as the binding agent to keep the crust together.
- PB2's Peanut Butter with Cocoa - this is where the crust gets its flavor. It truly adds a nice flavor to the dish and plays well with the peanut butter swirl on top!
Onto the coffee cream cheese layer:
- Cream cheese - it's the foundation of the cheesecake
- Powdered sugar - for sweetness and structure
- Coffee Liqueur - I used Kahlua but you can use whatever you can find
- Espresso Powder - to provide a deeper coffee flavor, it plays well with the flavors of the coffee liqueur
- Vanilla Extract - to bring all. of the flavors together and provide a smooth richness to the overall flavor of thee mocha peanut butter cheesecake bars
- Heavy cream - this is what allows this recipe to be "no bake". The heavy cream makes the texture airy and smooth!
Lastly, the peanut butter swirl layer that seals the deal:
- Powdered Sugar
- PB2's Peanut Butter with Cocoa
Mix these ingredients together and dollop them on top of the coffee cream cheese layer and swirl it around. It's so much fun.
how do you make mocha peanut butter cheesecake bars?
- Start by crushing up the graham crackers and adding in the PB2 Peanut butter with cocoa and butter. Once the texture resembles wet sand, add to a parchment lined 8x8 baking dish and put in the refrigerator.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and espresso powder. Then slowly add vanilla extract and coffee liqueur. Continue to mix together until everything is fully incorporated and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form (this simply means that when you remove the mixers, the heavy cream will be firm and stands straight up). Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and then pour on top of the graham cracker crust.
- In a small bowl, mix together PB2 Peanut Butter with Cocoa, powdered sugar, and water until smooth. Dollop on top of the cheesecake and use a toothpick to create swirls. Refrigerator for about 8 hours and that's it!
more recipes you'll love!
- Cherry Cream Cheese Babka
- Honey Peanut Butter Cookies
- Mocha Rugelach
- Oreo Peanut Butter Pie
- Classic Cheesecake Recipe
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake with Cookie Whipped Cream
This blog post and recipe for Mocha Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars was made in partnership with PB2. I received compensation in exchange for this work. My opinions on their products are genuine. If I didn't love their products, I would certainly mention it! Thanks for your continued support!
HAVE WE CONNECTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA? NEVER MISS A RECIPE BY FOLLOWING ME ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND INSTAGRAM!
Let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! Also, if you decide to make this recipe, please leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below! Tag @BritneyBreaksBread on Instagram and hashtag #britneybreaksbread so I can see your creations! I hope that you love this recipe as much as we do!