These Honey Peanut Butter Cookies are a fun take on a classic cookie! The honey adds a candied taste that truly enhances the flavor. This chewy, fluffy, and soft cookie is a recipe you will be making over and over again!
These Honey Peanut Butter Cookies are so good. They kind of taste like a Payday! There's a caramel-like flavor followed by crunchy peanuts on a soft and fluffy cookie. Pure heaven. It's such a fun take on a classic cookie recipe.
In addition, these are super easy to make and don't require any long waiting times or fancy ingredients or cooking equipment. If you're a fan of peanuts and enjoy peanut butter cookies, you have to give these Honey Peanut Butter Cookies a try!
do you use crunchy or smooth peanut butter?
I crunchy peanut butter because it's my favorite. There's been a long debate in my household as to whether crunchy or smooth peanut butter is better. I've always been team crunchy while my Husband prefers smooth. But for these Honey Peanut Butter Cookies? I think that crunchy is best, especially because it compliments the added peanuts SO well. However, you can use either. It's all about your own preference.
When it comes to brands of peanut butter, I highly recommend Jif (crunchy) or Justin's Peanut Butter (smooth) because they aren't too oily. There's already two sticks of butter in this recipe and I found that if you use an oily peanut butter, it makes the cookies a bit too soft.
why you'll love these honey peanut butter cookies
- They're easy to make and don't require any long chilling times or fancy techniques!
- They're incredibly delicious!
- They have a beautiful candied flavor that kind of resembles a Payday - major win!
- These cookies get better as they sit!
- They're soft and fluffy!
let's talk ingredients
To make these Honey Peanut Butter Cookies, you'll need to gather the ingredients below. Let's talk about their importance and how they make this recipe into the masterpiece that it is!
- Salted Butter: I highly recommend using salted butter because the salt really enhances the taste of the peanut butter. The butter should also be at room temperature!
- Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar, and Vanilla Extract: adding both types of sugars to this recipe adds so much flavor as opposed to just sweetness! Vanilla extract also brings adds richness to this recipe!
- Flour and Eggs: The binding agent for these cookies - helps with providing the structures for the cookies and are responsible for the lovely texture.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda: these are the leavening agents that make these cookies fluffy.
- Peanut Butter and Honey: the stars of the show! These ingredients are what give the cookie its name!
how do you makes these cookies
The method for making these Honey Peanut Butter Cookies is quite similar to making my Chewy M&M Cookies. Start by preheating the oven. Then begin beating your room temperature butter in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment. Make sure the the butter is nice and fluffy and then add the brown and white sugars and continue to mix. Add vanilla extract and eggs one by one. Then add the peanut butter and honey.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together and then add to the wet ingredients. Once all of the dry ingredients are incorporated, fold in the peanuts. Using an ice cream scooper (or roughly 2 tbsps per cookie), scoop out the dough and gently roll into a flat disk.
Totally optional: place about 5-10 peanuts on top of each cookie to get the look in the pictures! This also adds more crunch and texture to the cookie 🙂
Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 3 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack so that they cookies can set and finish cooking.
can i prepare the dough ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can prepare the dough up to two days prior to baking it. Just be sure to store in the refrigerator and cover with plastic wrap. This is to ensure that it doesn't dry out.
can i freeze these cookies?
Yes! If you would like to store the cookies in the freezer, be sure to store in an airtight container of a ziploc bag! These Honey Peanut Butter Cookies will last for up to two months. When you're ready to eat the cookies, take the cookies out of the ziploc bag and lay them on a flat surface and allow them to warm to room temperature. I highly recommend against adding to them microwave unless you want soggy cookies lol
more cookie recipes you'll love!
Check out these awesome cookie recipes!
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vanilla Bean Butter Pecan Cookies
- Tahini and Honey Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pan Banging Snickerdoodles
- Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Easy, Crispy, and Chewy Easter Sugar Cookies
HAVE WE CONNECTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA? IF NOT, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND INSTAGRAM!
Let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! Also, if you decide to make this recipe, please leave a star rating in the recipe card and leave a comment below! I hope that you love this recipe as much as we do!