Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Candied Pecans is your new favorite salad that doesn't taste like a salad. It's full of fresh fruit, tossed in a little lemon and olive oil, and garnish with candied pecans and gorgonzola cheese for a nice sweet and savory twist!
strawberry avocado spinach salad
with candied pecans of course... I don't make salads often, but when I do, I like to make them fun! Nobody wants a boring salad and I take pride in making salads that are easy, fun, and delicious. For instance, my Fig and Burrata Salad with Maple Vinaigrette and my Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad were both such a hit, I decided I should keep the salad momentum going.
This Strawberry Avocado Spinach salad is the epitome of summer. It's fresh, light, and full of so much flavor. I think what I love most about this salad is how it marries the sweet flavors of strawberries and the candied pecans with the gorgonzola and fresh red onions. Then you have the avocado to mellow out the flavors all on top of a bed of fresh spinach. It's truly a delicious salad.
There's no really salad dressing for this Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad recipe. I did this purposely to keep it light. However, I did add a little olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to the spinach before I added the remainder of the ingredients. These simple ingredients really give the spinach so much flavor but doesn't take away from the other ingredients on top!
nothing but wholesome ingredients
So let's talk about the ingredients in this Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad. There's nothing but a bunch of wholesome ingredients in this salad. I like to keep meals light in the summer because I don't like feeling weighed down after eating. Anywho, see the below components!
- Dressing - no real "dressing", just an olive oil drizzle, lemon juice, and salt and pepper
- Spinach - as a base
- Strawberries, avocado, fresh red onions, and sautéed corn
- Gorgonzola Cheese and Candied Pecans to top it all off with!
make this strawberry avocado spinach salad as ...
- A quick weeknight meal! This strawberry avocado spinach salad is a great weeknight meal because it's quick and easy to make. From start to finish, it takes about 20 minutes - you can't go wrong.
- A show stopper at your next gathering. Because of all of the colors and flavors, this salad is not only pretty but super delicious. Everyone loves the bright flavors so it's sure to be a hit at your next get together!
- Great for meal prep! Because there's no dressing on this salad, this strawberry avocado spinach salad keeps really well in airtight containers. You can make this salad on a Sunday (or whenever) and it'll keep fresh until Wednesday/Thursday in an airtight container.
more yummy salads you'll love!
- Triple Berry Chickpea Crunch Salad
- Grilled Fruit Salad
- Summer Salad with Goat Cheese and Lemon Vinaigrette
HAVE WE CONNECTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA? IF NOT, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND INSTAGRAM!
Let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! Also, if you decide to make this recipe, please leave a star rating in the recipe card and leave a comment below! I hope that you love this recipe as much as we do!