Brownies are such a decadent dessert! You might think a box is quick and easy, but mini brownie bites are actually one of the quickest desserts to make from scratch. Make this brownies bites recipe when you need a quick baking time and an easy finger food dessert for your next gathering.
Brownies work at any time of year, such as the flavor of summer with S'mores Brownies or Peppermint Bark Brownies in the deep of winter. And if you truly aren't a chocolate fan, there's always Dunkaroo Dip!
Brownies can take as long as 30 minutes to bake - but add that batter to a mini muffin tin and the time is cut in half! And because they are so small, they are easy to remove from the pan as soon as they are cool enough to handle.
- Perfect when in a rush! You can start melting the butter while the oven heats up and be eating the brownie bites in 30 minutes.
- Super easy to make! When your kids are old enough to use the stove, this is a great starting point. And younger kids can easily stir ingredients in off the heat.
- Easy to customize! I sprinkled some flaky salt on top, but you can also sprinkle some mini chocolate chips or mini m&ms on top before baking.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Butter - I use unsalted butter when baking to better control the salt. If you only have salted you'd want to skip the extra salt sprinkle on top.
Sugar - Both brown and white sugar add a complex level of flavor.
Eggs - The secret to fudgy brownie bites is using enough fat, which the eggs add to the butter!
Flour and cocoa powder - Equal parts of these also add to the rich feeling. When a brownie recipe has more flour than cocoa powder you end up with cake style brownies.
Chocolate chips - I used semi-sweet, but you can reach for any type you prefer! Peanut butter, milk, dark all would be amazing.
- Let the butter cool for about 5-10 minutes before mixing in the other ingredients. You just need enough heat to help the sugar dissolve as well as not cook the eggs.
- Use a small cookie scoop to help your brownie bites be equal in size.
- Don't forget to spray the pan!
- Preheat oven and spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick baking spray.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and let cool some. Add oil and both sugars and whisk to combine.
- Add eggs and vanilla and whisk until glossy.
- Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin tin and bake until set.
Before baking you can sprinkle on anything you like. Think mini since the brownies are bite-sized: mini m&ms, mini chocolate chips, chopped candy bars!
These would be a perfect addition to a Dessert Charcuterie Board! Add mini marshmallows and some teddy grahams for a cute take on s'mores. Some fresh fruit and crisp cookies would round things out.
If you happen to have some bites left when the guests leave:
Brownie bites are perfect to make ahead of a party, so the oven is totally freed up for cooking the main course. They also don't need to be chilled so they won't be taking up valuable fridge space.
Reach for a 1-to-1 gluten free blend that is meant to replace all-purpose flour and you should be just fine!
Want more delicious and beautiful recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter, where you'll hear about new recipes FIRST and get tantalizing and exclusive perks!
Let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! Also, if you decide to make this recipe, please leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below! Tag @BritneyBreaksBread on Instagram and hashtag #britneybreaksbread so I can see your creations! I hope that you love this recipe as much as we do!
Tag us on the gram @britneybreaksbread to be featured in our stories!