Chai Spiced Energy Bites are a quick and easy snack that has nothing but wholesome ingredients and a whole lot of deliciousness!
Have you ever tried an energy bite before? If not, you're in for a treat! These Chai Spiced Energy Bites are the perfect recipe to give it a go! It's easy, has fewer than 10 ingredients, and they really do give you energy!
I love energy bites because they're a wholesome snack. It's gluten free and vegan and doesn't contain any fillers or processed ingredients. They're literally the perfect thing to snack on when you're both craving something sweet and when you need a little boost of energy.
ingredients that you'll need!
- Old-Fashioned Oats: The oats are an excellent source of fiber and also help to keep the energy bites together.
- Hemp Seeds: I like to add hemp seeds for added omega-3s, however, if you don't have any or don't like them, you can skip this ingredient all together!
- Maple Syrup: The maple syrup added a nice but subtle sweetness to these chai spiced energy bites. It's also a binding agent for the bites!
- Vanilla Extract: For added flavor! What's a recipe that doesn't have vanilla extract? BORING!
- PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter: Mix some PB2 with water for a low calorie high protein addition to this recipe!
- Chai Spice: The star of the show! All you need is two teaspoons and that gives this recipe all of the flavor that it needs!
how do you make chai spiced energy bites?
It's SUPER simple. Mix together PB2 powdered peanut butter and water. Then simply combine oats, hemp seeds, chai spice, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix everything together and add to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Then scoop out one tablespoon sized pieces of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Or a bite. Then enjoy as a really fun and delicious snack!
See the video below to see how these Chai Spiced Energy Bites are made:
what is chai spice?
Chai spice is a blend of spices typically comprised of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, and allspice. I've seen some chai spice blends that contain black pepper, but of course, it's up to your own discretion on what you want to add into the blend.
The beauty of a good spice blend is that you can either buy it in store or make it at home like I did with my pumpkin spice recipe.
more recipes you'll love!
- No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bites
- Maple Walnut Energy Balls
- Chai Candied Pecan Apple Pops
- Spiced Pear and Almond Cake
HAVE WE CONNECTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA? NEVER MISS A RECIPE BY FOLLOWING ME ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND INSTAGRAM!
Let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! Also, if you decide to make this recipe, please leave a star rating in the recipe card and leave a comment below! Tag @BritneyBreaksBread on Instagram and hashtag #britneybreaksbread so I can see your creations! I hope that you love this recipe as much as we do!