Crispy, fluffy, and sweet Apple Pear Fritters with a Honey Glaze - a quick and easy recipe that comes together in about 30 minutes! Warm spices and juicy apples and pears are topped with a cinnamon honey glaze to make this recipe absolutely delicious!
Are you a major fan or apples and pears too? Try this Cinnamon Pear Apple Crisp! Don't stop there, also check out these Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls with Browned Butter Frosting!
your new favorite recipe 🙂
Let's talk about why this is about to be your new favorite recipe. I had to gush about these Apple Pear Fritters because they're full of apple and pear chunks, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg - but they're also SO easy to make. It's one of those recipes to keep in your back pocket when you want to impress a bunch of folks with something that looks complicated but secretly, isn't.
Don't you just love recipes like that?! Effortless, delicious, and so much fun to make!
what ingredients do I need to make apple pear fritters?
- Fuji or Honeycrisp Apples: fuji apples are my favorite because they're the sweetest apples and are easily accessible. They provide a nice crunch and cook down well. However, honeycrisp apples are just as good!
- Bartlett Pears: these pears are super juicy and perfect for this recipe. Be sure that you use them when they are on the firmer side so that it won't compromise the integrity of the fritter by making them too watery. They also provide exceptional flavor!
- Buttermilk: to make these fritters super fluffy on the inside. Buttermilk reacts with baking powder to produce a light texture in the fritter.
- Vanilla Extract, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Ginger: to give these apple pear fritters that sweet, warm and bold flavor that we all love!
- Eggs, Butter, Flour: to provide the structure of the fritter and hold all of this delicious together!
are apple fritters donuts?
No, not exactly. But I could see how one could easily call this a donut. While they are very closely related, donuts are classically noted as a round fried piece of sweetened dough.
Fritters and donuts can be both batter based, however, fritters, like these apple pear fritters, are technically deep-fried (or in this case - pan-fried) cakes.
tips for making apple pear fritters!
- One thing that helped me substantially is using a candy thermometer to gauge the temperature of the oil when frying these apple pear fritters. Controlling the oil temperature makes for a more consistent fritter. Do you need a candy thermometer? Absolutely not! But it really does help.
- Don't worry about chopping the apples and pears perfectly! So long as they're chopped into small cubes, they don't need to be uniform. I personally think that this gives the apple pear fritters a really unique and homemade look when they're different sizes!
- Use an ice cream scooper when scooping the batter into the frying pan. It helps to ensure that all fritters are the same size. It also makes for an easier clean up too!
did you know?
California is the second largest exporter of apples in the US! In fact, the Golden State ranks 5th in the highest producers of apples. California also produces about 150,000 tons of pears per year. If that doesn't blow your mind, I don't know what will! Even though California is the largest producer of food in the USA, these stats always "wow" me!
I wrote this recipe for apple pear fritters with both fresh apples and pears, which can be found from July-September, with an option to use canned pears from California which you can find anytime! If you're wondering how to tell where your pears or apples were grown - or any other canned or jarred food - check out this shopping guide.
recommended utensils for this recipe:
- A long spatula (fishbone spatula) to make flipping the fritters easy as pie!
- A non-stick fry pan
- Large mixing bowls
- A small saucepan
more recipes you'll love!
- Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls with Browned Butter Frosting
- Greek Yogurt Pear Coffee Cake
- Cinnamon Pear Apple Crisp
- Cranberry Apple Pear Sangria
- Spiced Pear and Almond Cake
- Apple Walnut Crostata
HAVE WE CONNECTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA? NEVER MISS A RECIPE BY FOLLOWING ME ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND INSTAGRAM!
Let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! Also, if you decide to make this recipe, please leave a star rating in the recipe card and leave a comment below! Tag @BritneyBreaksBread on Instagram and hashtag #britneybreaksbread so I can see your creations! I hope that you love this recipe as much as we do!
This blog post for Apple Pear Fritters with Honey Glaze was made in partnership with California Grown! I received compensation in exchange for this work. My opinions on their products are genuine. If I didn't love their products, I would certainly mention it! Thanks for your continued support!