I love a tasty and easy dinner, especially in this summer heat! This Garlic and Herb Shrimp with Whipped Feta is the epitome of delicious and so quick and easy to make. Fresh herbs, loads of garlic, a little butter and a lot of love make this recipe unforgettable.
I don't eat seafood very often, but when I do, I make recipes like this Garlic and Herb Shrimp. It's only a few ingredients, super flavorful, and quick to whip together.
As of late, I've been enjoying easy recipes that don't require long cooking times. For one, I don't want to heat up the house in this crazy summer heat. Secondly, I'm in my last trimester of pregnancy and have just been exhausted. That being said - the quicker a recipe comes together the faster. Added bonus? All of the deliciousness - like that of this garlic and herb shrimp. Oh, and the whipped feta? Pairs perfectly!
how to make garlic and herb shrimp
It's super simple, see the steps below on how to make this garlic and herb shrimp:
- I used peeled and deveined shrimp so I didn't need to peel them. However, if you're using shrimp with a shell, be sure to remove the shell and clean the shrimp properly.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Set aside. Then chop up garlic, fresh herbs, and ¼ of an onion.
- Add a little olive oil and butter to a Calphalon cast iron skillet. Let the oil get warm and add onion. Saute for about 3 minutes, then add garlic and fresh herbs (cuz it's garlic and herb shrimp :)). Continue to saute and add shrimp to the skillet. Brown shrimp on both sides and cook until done.
- For the whipped feta: Add feta, cream cheese, lemon, and salt to a food processor and mix together until creamy. Spread this on a plate and layer with shrimp. Eat with toasted sourdough bread if you like!
how do you saute?
To saute is to simply cook something quickly in a little bit of oil or butter in a pan. Sauteing is easily confused with frying, however, they're quite different. If you're frying something, you're typically submerging it in oil or at least a good portion in oil. When sauteing, only a small amount of oil and/or butter is used to brown and cook your ingredients.
what do you eat with garlic and herb shrimp?
This is one of my favorite questions because it lets you use this recipe as a template and pair it with whatever you want. I of course paired this garlic and herb shrimp with whipped feta and some grilled sourdough bread. However, a side salad would go exceptionally well with this too! Also, broccoli or brussels sprouts as well.
Oh! This would also pair well with some fresh cucumbers and olives too... or maybe I'll save that for another recipe 🙂
what do I need to make this recipe?
- I highly recommend using my favorite Calphalon Cast Iron Skillet! It conducts heat so well and the pre-seasoned coating makes it nonstick. It's also super durable, so it's an awesome pan to have for both stove top cooking, roasting, and even baking.
- Food processor - for the whipped feta. You can also use a blender too, but I've found that a food processor works best in my opinion!
That's it! Gather your ingredients and let's cook up this recipe!
do i need fresh herbs or dried herbs for garlic and herb shrimp?
Dried herbs certainly have their place, however, for this garlic and herb shrimp, fresh herbs are preferred. Fresh herbs tend to provide a little more of an aromatic flavor when freshly cut and I love that. They tend to also add a more complex flavor/more depth to a dish.
In contrast, dried herbs usually have a more concentrated taste, allowing you to use less of it to achieve a desired result. Some herbs do however lose their flavor when dried, so fresh herbs are almost always my preference!
more recipes you'll love!
- Lemon Butter Shrimp and Broccoli Skillet
- Greek Meatballs with Creamy Lemon Orzo
- Avocado Citrus Shrimp Salad
- Honey Garlic Chicken with Peach Salsa
- Baked Spinach and Shrimp Dip
HAVE WE CONNECTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA? IF NOT, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND INSTAGRAM!
Let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! Also, if you decide to make this recipe, please leave a star rating in the recipe card and leave a comment below! I hope that you love this recipe as much as we do!
This blog post for Garlic and Herb Shrimp with Whipped Feta was made in partnership with Calphalon! I received compensation in exchange for this work. My opinions on their products are genuine. If I didn't love their products, I would certainly mention it! Thanks for your continued support!