A lovely swirl of light vanilla and deep, rich, coffee and chocolate flavors baked together for a fantastic dessert. This chocolate coffee marble cake is topped with melted chocolate and is the true epitome of decadence!
calling all coffee and chocolate lovers!
You are going to love this recipe! It's such a bold cake that takes on such deliciously deep coffee and chocolatey and bright vanilla flavors! The texture of this cake is nice and fluffy with a beautiful crust. Then, I topped the cake with melted chocolate to seal the deal!
What's amazing about this chocolate coffee marble cake is that is features a homemade coffee syrup made with Speciality Selected Fair Trade German Roast Regular Ground Coffee. It also includes Moser Roth's Dark 70% and 85% cocoa that allows this cake to take on that deep, rich, chocolatey flavor that we all know and love!
what is a marble cake?
A marble cake is a cake that is made with two different flavors - typically a lighter and a darker flavor, that allows the cake to take on a marbled effect.
For this cake, it's called chocolate coffee marble cake because it has a chocolate coffee batter and a vanilla batter.
When you swirl the two together, you get a lighter and darker swirled color - or the marbling effect. Hence as to why this is called marble cake.
how do you make chocolate coffee marble cake?
start by making the coffee syrup
The coffee syrup is where you begin to really build the flavor of this chocolate coffee marble cake! Brew a cup of coffee with 30g of Speciality Selected Fair Trade German Roast Regular Ground Coffee and 350 ml of filtered water. Then add the coffee to a small saucepan over low heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until a syrup forms.
Set aside and allow it to cool!
make the batter for the chocolate coffee marble cake
Here's the fun part about making this chocolate coffee marble cake!
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat room temperature salted butter on high until light and fluffy, about one minute. Add sugar and continue to mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add each egg, one at a time, ensuring that each egg is fully incorporated into the batter prior to adding the next. Then add vanilla extract and sour cream and continue to mix together. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix together for another minute on medium high speed.
- Add ½ of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix. Then slowly pour in ½ of the whole milk. Add remainder of dry ingredients and mix, then add the rest of the whole milk and mix until smooth batter forms - about 15 seconds. Be sure not to overmix the batter.
- Chop up 75g of dark chocolate and melt according to the package instructions.
- Add 2 cups of the cake batter to a separate bowl. Pour in melted chocolate and ¼ cup of coffee syrup. Mix together until fully incorporated.
- Spray a 10-15 cup cake pan with nonstick baking spray. Scoop in cake batter, alternating between the coffee/chocolate mixture and the vanilla mixture. Use a toothpick to swirl the batter together and bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
last up, melt the chocolate!
Simply melt your Moser Roth's Dark 70% cocoa and pour on top of the cake. Garnish with pecans if you'd like! I always love adding a little crunch on top of the cake, but this is completely optional!
want to see how this chocolate coffee marble cake is made? Check out the video below!
more recipes that you'll love!
- Mini Marble Cupcakes
- Brown Butter Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Swirl
- Butterscotch Coffee Cake
- No-Bake Tiramisu Cheesecake
- Cherry Coffee Cake
HAVE WE CONNECTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA? NEVER MISS A RECIPE BY FOLLOWING ME ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND INSTAGRAM!
Let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! Also, if you decide to make this recipe, please leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below! Tag @BritneyBreaksBread on Instagram and hashtag #britneybreaksbread so I can see your creations! I hope that you love this recipe as much as we do!
This blog post and recipe for Chocolate Coffee Marble Cake was made in partnership with ALDI! I received compensation in exchange for this work. My opinions on their products are genuine. If I didn't love their products, I would certainly mention it! Thanks for your continued support!