These homemade Sweet Potato Marshmallow Bars are so fluffy and buttery! They're perfect treat for when you want something sweet! Three words to describe these bars? Decadent, sweet, and indulgent!
These Sweet Potato Marshmallow Bars are one of those recipes where you take your first bite and automatically - your eyes roll to the back of your head and your tastebuds immediately say "omg". The bars are soft and airy. They're also super flavorful and moist due to the combination of sweet potato puree and my homemade pumpkin spice recipe.
Also, the toasted marshmallow topping is homemade. While you can use store bought marshmallow fluff, I highly recommend trying this recipe to make your own. It's a bit messy but so worth it when you sink your teeth in to take a bite. Sheer perfection.
how do you make sweet potato marshmallow bars?
The bars themselves are pretty simple to make. It's a one bowl recipe where you literally combine all of the ingredients together and mix until the batter is smooth.
1. make the sweet potato bars
- Combine room temperature butter and both brown and white sugar and mix together until nice and smooth. *It's important to mix these two together before adding in the remainder of the ingredients because this is what makes the bars light and fluffy!
- Then add in the eggs, sweet potato puree, vanilla extract, and pumpkin spice.
- Lastly, add in the kosher salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour into the mix and mix until smooth.
2. then make the marshmallow fluff topping
- While blondies are baking, get started on making the marshmallow fluff. Bring about 1 inch of water to a boil in a sauce pan. Then in a large bowl, combine egg whites and sugar. Set bowl on top of the boiling water (to create a double boiler) and constantly mix together until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Mixture should be thick and globby.
- Add egg white mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment and mix on high until a fluff forms - it should be glossy and white. Add cream of tartar and vanilla extract and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form. This will take about 8-10 minutes.
tips and tricks
- Just as a heads up, I used canned sweet potato puree for this recipe. So, don't worry about making your own sweet potato puree. Save yourself a good hour of time and use the canned stuff - it's just as good!
- When making the batter, be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl when needed to ensure that all ingredients are fully mixed together!
- You can use store bought marshmallow if you don't want to make your own! I recommend Kraft jet puffed marshmallow creme!
- When making the marshmallow fluff, be sure not to bring the egg whites and sugar mixture to a boil when heating over the sauce pan. Also, be sure to mix constantly so that the egg whites do not cook.
- Also, for the marshmallow fluff, be sure to be patient when whisking it together in the stand mixer. It can take about 8-10 minutes to form stiff peaks, so don't get discouraged!
more recipes you'll love!
Don't stop here, keep cooking! Check out the recipes below for more deliciousness 🙂
- Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream with Raspberries
- Brown Butter Mixed Berry Crumble Bars
- Chocolate Covered Coconut Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chip Christmas Tree Cookie Bars
HAVE WE CONNECTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA? NEVER MISS A RECIPE BY FOLLOWING ME ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND INSTAGRAM!
Let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! Also, if you decide to make this recipe, please leave a star rating in the recipe card and leave a comment below! Tag @BritneyBreaksBread on Instagram and hashtag #britneybreaksbread so I can see your creations! I hope that you love this recipe as much as we do!