These Honey Buttermilk Biscuits with Roasted Strawberries are truly a treat. They're flaky, buttery, and slightly sweetened with honey then topped with perfectly caramelized roasted strawberries. Enjoy these biscuit fresh out of the oven and your tastebuds will thank you forever. Added bonus? This recipe is super easy to make!
I'm here to spruce up your week with these Honey Buttermilk Biscuits! I've been wanting to make this recipe for quite sometime. After my visit to a soul food restaurant with some friends over the weekend, I have been riding the soul food train. I'm talking craving all things soul food - mac n'cheese, candied yams, fried chicken - the whole nine. Not to mention, these pregnancy cravings have been all over the place.
One of my cravings recently has been biscuits. Specifically buttery flaky biscuits like the my Bacon Cheddar and Thyme Biscuits, except this time, I wanted a sweet version. Also, if you haven't noticed, strawberries are in season and have been SO sweet lately. So, I figured, why not combine the two? In doing so, I made this Honey Buttermilk Biscuits with Roasted Strawberries.
2021 Juneteenth virtual cookout!
I wanted to take a break from talking about these Honey Buttermilk Biscuits with Roasted Strawberries to exclaim how excited I am to be taking part in the 2021 Juneteenth Virtual Cookout! Over 40 Black creators have contributed to this collaborative menu as a Freedom Day Tribute! Juneteenth marks our country's second Independence Day, the final emancipation of those enslaved in the US back in 1865. Join in, share, and help us continue the legacy of celebrating progress. Additionally, you can follow each participant by using the hashtag #JuneteenthCookout2021 on Instagram! Check out the list at the bottom of this blog post!
what do you serve with honey butter biscuits?
Well firstly, of course butter! You can also serve these with fresh mascarpone or cream cheese and then add the roasted strawberries. As far as drinks, I would recommend coffee or herbal tea. You can also serve with champagne, too! These honey buttermilk biscuits with roasted strawberries are ideal for brunch or a tea party (yes, a tea party!).
If you decide to serve with something other than roasted strawberries, the honey buttermilk biscuits are amazing with fried chicken or smoked ham, also with bacon and eggs as a sandwich!
how do you roast strawberries?
It's SO easy! All you have to do is cut your strawberries in half and sprinkle with a little sugar, pinch of salt, and vanilla extract. Then toss onto a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes at 350 °F. The end result are caramelized, sweet, syrupy strawberries. Perfect to add to just about anything, especially these Honey Buttermilk Biscuits!
what do i need to make honey buttermilk biscuits with roasted strawberries?
All you need are a few basic kitchen items. See below!
- Mixing bowls
- Parchment Paper
- 2 Baking Sheets
- 2 inch circle or rectangle biscuit cutter or cookie cutter
Optional Items you can use, but aren't necessary.
- Food processor, if you don't want to use your hands to make the dough
how do you make honey buttermilk biscuits with roasted strawberries?
Combine the dry ingredients and then add butter that's been cut into small cubes. Pinch together with your hands and fluff flour until pea sized morsels begin to form.
TIP: You can also use a food processor for this recipe as opposed to mixing the dough by hand. Simply add dry ingredients and pulse. Then add butter and pulse until pea size morsels begin to form. Then add buttermilk and process with steps 4 onward as listed in the recipe card below. I simply use my hands because I like playing in flour and these honey buttermilk biscuits was the perfect opportunity 🙂
Then whisk together buttermilk and honey and add to the dough. Knead until the buttermilk mixture is incorporated into the dough. Of note, the dough will be shaggy so be sure to not over knead trying to achieve a smooth dough. You want a shaggy, kind of dry dough!
Cut dough into 4 equal pieces and stack each piece on top of each other. Press together and form dough into a square. Using a rolling pin, roll dough until ¾ inches in height. Then cut biscuits out of the dough, using scraps to re-form dough until ¾ inches high and cutting biscuit shapes until dough scraps are gone.
time to bake!
Add biscuits to a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes. Then brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter and baked for 10 minutes. Flip the baking sheet around and continue to baking for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the biscuits cool for 10 minutes (they're still cooking on the inside!)
Then you're done! Cut your biscuits and lather with butter and roasted strawberries! And there you have it. The most perfect honey buttermilk biscuits you ever did see 🙂
more recipes that i've been loving!
- Mixed Berry Shortcakes with Mascarpone Cream
- Mixed Berry Trifles with Butter Cake
- Angel Biscuits
- Gruyere Onion and Pepper Biscuits
HAVE WE CONNECTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA? IF NOT, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND INSTAGRAM!
Let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! Also, if you decide to make this recipe, please leave a star rating in the recipe card and leave a comment below! I hope that you love this recipe as much as we do!
here are some juneteenth contributors! Be sure to follow them and cook their delicious recipes!
- Watermelon Kiwi Ice Pops by A Girl Called Adri
- Juneteenth Soul Rolls by Black Girls Who Brunch
- Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins by Chef Curl Ardee
- Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake by Chenee Today
- Vegan Ranch Style Beans by Collards are the Old Kale
- Jerk Barbecued Ribs by Cooks with Soul
- Sweet and Tangy Coleslaw Recipe by Crumb Snatched
- The Ultimate Red Velvet Layer Cake with Chocolate-Covered Strawberries by Dash of Jazz
- Red Velvet Cookies by Dish it with Tisha
- Brisket Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes by Dude that Cookz
- Honey Harissa Roasted Vegetable Skewers by Geo's Table
- Summer Watermelon Fizz by Handy Chef
- Hibiscus Bacardi Rum Punch by Kenneth Temple
- Grilled Hot Links & Chow Chow + Juneteenth Cookout by Meiko and the Dish
- Strawberry Basil Pineapple Mocktail by Orchids and Sweet Tea
- Lemon Meringue Tart by Peaches 2 Peaches
- Spicy Shrimp Creole by Pink Owl Kitchen
- Strawberry Crunch Cake Brownies with Vanilla Glaze by Razzle Dazzle Life
- Country Style Potato Salad by Sense and Edibility
- Mint Julep A La Dabney by Sweet Tea and Thyme
- Strawberry Cobbler Galette by The Dana Renee Way
- Strawberry Sticky Baby Back Ribs by This Worthey Life