Homemade Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Loaf of Ciabatta or Sourdough
- 1 cup Butter, room temperature
- 8 cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary, diced
- 3 tbsps Fresh parsley, diced
- 2 tbsps Fresh chives, diced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- ½ cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- pinch Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, mash together butter, garlic, rosemary, parsley, chives, olive oil, parmesan, mozzarella, and lemon zest. Set aside.
Cut the loaf of bread in half, lengthwise, and add to a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven until slightly toasted, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread the butter on top of the bread. Top with additional mozzarella cheese as desired.
Bake for additional 5-8 minutes then broil for about 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- If you want to add a bit of heat, include red pepper flakes or jalapeños to the butter spread.
- Watch the bread carefully while it is baking. If it appears to be cooking too quickly, place foil over it.
- When the loaf is fresh out of the oven, give it a few miniutes to cool before slicing. We want it warm, not scorching hot!
- Prevent the garlic bread from becoming soggy by not letting it sit too for long after it is done baking.
- For a nice charred crispy top, broil the bread in the oven for 2-3 minutes, (see the recipe).
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 353mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 981IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 1mg