Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Buffalo Chicken Pasta is a creamy, cheesy blend of shredded chicken breasts and hot sauce, tossed in your favorite pasta. You will be delighted with every forkful of this easy yet delicious dinner option that is ready in just 35 minutes!
- 16 oz Rigatoni or Penne or Ziti
- 1 ½ lbs Chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ½ Onion diced
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 6 oz Tomato paste
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- ¾ cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 2 tbsps Fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tbsps Fresh chives chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh dill chopped
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups Mozzarella
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Cut chicken breasts into chunks and season with onion powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet (12") and sear on both sides, about 4 minutes each side. Remove chicken and place on a plate. Set aside.
Reduce heat to medium and add onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, until softened and fragrant. Add garlic and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. (If pan becomes dry, add another drizzle of olive oil) Season with salt and add tomato paste, chicken broth, hot sauce, parsley, chives, and dill. Mix together then add cream cheese. Continue to mix until combined and smooth and cream cheese is melted into the sauce.
Add pasta and chicken into the sauce and remove from the heat. Add mozzarella, cheddar cheese and mix together. Top with additional mozzarella and broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes on the middle rack until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Garnish with chives and additional hot sauce.
- You can use shredded chicken instead of chicken breasts by boiling the chicken in chicken broth 15 minutes or cutting up a rotisserie chicken.
- Make this a low-carb meal by using cooked cauliflower instead of pasta.
- Use less pasta if you like your Buffalo Chicken Pasta extra saucy.
- Be sure to add the cheese over low heat to prevent the dairy from separating.
- This can be a great idea for meal prep; assemble the pasta ahead of time then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours.
- If you like a less spicy buffalo chicken, use a ½ cup of hot sauce as opposed to ¾ cup.
Calories: 555kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 1388mg | Potassium: 764mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1278IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 2mg