I've always loved cookie butter and blondies are awesome. So, why not combine the two? These are literally the best blondies I've ever had - and I'm not just saying that because this is my recipe. They are gooey and rich and have that unique cookie butter taste - they are just... everything. How to make these? Down below 🙂
1 stick of butter
2 tbsps of water
1 cup of white sugar
½ of brown sugar
2 tbsps of unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp of salt
½ tsp baking powder
⅛ tsp baking soda
1 cup of flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbps of crunchy cookie butter (Trader Joe's)
⅓ cup of cinnamon baking chips (I found these on amazon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine egg, butter, and sugar in a stand mixer and mix until smooth. Add water, applesauce, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, and cookie butter. Mix this for about 3 minutes, until batter is light and airy.
- Fold in cinnamon baking chips.
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and pour batter. Slam pan against counter to allow batter to settle and any air bubbles to pop.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Batter will become bubbly - don't fret. Take the pan out of the oven and slam on counter top 2-3 times. Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a half hour. This step is critical! Initially, it will look uncooked but when it cools, a crust will form the inside will be gooey!
- Eat up!