This is the perfect summer dessert. It's light, cold, and smooth! Also, this is very simple. It can be made the night before serving 🙂
7-8 blood oranges
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
½ cup honey
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
pinch of salt
- Juice 7 blood oranges (save one for blending later). Then juice 3 limes. Set aside.
- Add water and sugar and honey to a saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar and honey is dissolved.
- Add blood orange, lime juice, and thyme to the saucepan. Allow these flavors to cook together for 5 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add mixture into a blender along with a peeled, whole blood orange. Blend until smooth.
- Line a freezer safe dish with parchment paper and pour the mixture in.
- Freeze overnight. Garnish with thyme and or limes.
- Eat 🙂